Monday, December 9, 2013

Snow, snow, snow

Snow, snow, snow yesterday. They predicted 2-4 and I think we have about 7 inches.
 

I have a six foot wood fence that runs along my driveway holding in every possible snowflake it can.
The result is my driveway ends up with more snow than the lawn. Fun fun.

It wasn't too cold though, so shoveling wasn't so bad. My son helped as best he could and the dog ran around, so we had a good time.

Although when I had to shovel again about 8:30 it was not so fun.

Having said that, I have to admit, snow is so very pretty to watch as it falls. The quiet peace is somehow soothing.
 

Sometimes when life gets to be too much I sit and listen to classical piano solos. It is my favorite music and instantly takes me away and relaxes me.

Today was one of those days. It gets dark pretty early and the kids were upstairs on the Wii, so I closed the drapes, turned on the trees, and started Pandora on my laptop. I wear ear plugs which just makes the sound so much more beautiful and clear. It was awesome and just what I needed.

Having the trees to enjoy as well just made it a perfect time.

Stay warm!






2 comments:

  1. Stay warm and cozy. Sounds like you've got it all under control. laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie! Hope you are staying warm, also!

      Delete