Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas shopping fun? Don't believe the hype!!

I have no idea at all why I remembered Thanksgiving weekend as a fun weekend to shop. Too many people, all in a hurry, and waaaaaay too many long lines at any cashier.
  
How on earth I ever for one single millisecond thought this would get me in the Christmas spirit, I cannot even begin to imagine. Never again. I am completely committed to being an internet shopping professional.

Our dish satellite company offered some free movie channels for the holiday weekend. And I know why I don't ever want those channels permanently.


 The last four days have been a movie binge every minute we have been home. And with the shopping day a bust, that was a lot. Every time one ends another one starts that I just HAVE to see. Just one more and then one more and then, well, you can imagine. Not good for my productivity.

 Other than the day we did the trees which are in the living room, I have not wanted to leave the living room for any great length of time. So, tomorrow it will be good to be back to normal and do a good clean of the house.  
 
I have enjoyed it, though. So many movies I have not seen for a while. My two favorites, "When Harry Met Sally" and "The Notebook" were both on and it was so great to see them.

 I still cry every time I watch "The Notebook," it has to be the most romantic love story ever. And "When Harry Met Sally" is just good fun and a good message movie that you just never know what life has in store. The snappy dialogue between Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal is great. Whatever happened to her, I haven't seen her in a movie in years?
 
Tomorrow I have one last piece to paint white, set up a Christmas scene on top of it and then the living and dining room furniture will be done. At least for now.

 
I think the kids have watched Jurassic Park at least five times. I won't miss watching that one for a while.
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love watching my favorites this time of year too! Especially when they have Christmas in them like When Harry Met Sally. I love the little shop around the corner at Christmas in You've got mail. Time to gather up my fav DVD's! Your trees look so cheery! (But you are right about the shopping!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I had forgotten about "You've Got Mail!" I will have to watch for that when they run the next holiday special.

      Thank you, I love my trees! So great to sit in the evenings with just those lights on.

      Have a great day and thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  2. old movies are alot of fun...and meg ryan is a wonderful actress...i always enjoyed anything that she was in! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Meg had a great run there for a while!

      Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

      Delete
  3. I never shop the weekend after T'giving. I LOVE a good bargain, but I don't think there is a bargain out there worth the crazy T'giving weekend shopping! I love seeing close ups of some of your pretty ornaments. I also cry every time I see The Notebook. And I laugh at the same lines every time I watch Harry/Sally. You'd think when I already know what is going to happen, I wouldn't laugh or cry in the same places! laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Why do we do that? There is nothing like an old movie, the couch, and a blanket!!!

      Delete
  4. One of my favorite childhood memories was going to the big department stores in downtown Los Angeles to see the window displays on the day after Thanksgiving. Nowadays, I wouldn't be caught dead in a store on Black Friday. I went to the major outlet center near us on Monday and parked right in front of JCrew and EVERYTHING in the store was 60% off and I put a big dent in my stocking stuffers and a few gifts for less money and no crowd.

    And, I can't watch The Notebook without crying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome job with the shopping!

      There is just something about that movie!! It gets you every time!

      Delete