Friday, November 29, 2013

The Start of Christmas......(at our house)



Women everywhere breathed a sigh of relief as the first "mass cooking holiday" is now under our belt.

And any of you who were lucky enough to go shopping on Black Friday, I am so jealous!! I used to do that every year, but times change and now I internet shop. I miss that first Friday, though, I used to love the Christmas carols and decorations and everyone bustling about.

Not that internet shopping doesn't have its advantages though. Shopping in your pajamas at 10:00 at night is not too hard to live with.


I have traditionally decorated for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving and today was no exception. My space challenged living room flaunts its small size when I am making decisions about where to put the tree. This year I decided to go for a grouping of small trees instead of just one big one. I was able to use all of my ornaments and not choke my living room.


We have lots more decorating to do, but the tree part is the most important. You can see my dresser, also. It's just a soft shade of blue so that it blends more with the wall and the small room. Way better than the bleached whale it looked like in high gloss white.
 
Tomorrow we will be doing some light Christmas shopping. I say light because both kids will be with me, so ambitions will be high, but expectations, well, not so much! That's okay, 'cause most of it will be done online, I'm just itching to walk around the mall and soak up Christmas!


9 comments:

  1. I love your grouping of trees Debbie! I use to do that at my previous home. I have been decorating all day, but will start on the trees tomorrow. Just one up and one down. I shop all year and then just have a small amount that I have to do for Christmas. The last few years we have given our married children a 1/4 of a beef. Not too exciting, but they all seem to love it.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jann! It is so smart to shop all year, I always say that's what I am going to do and then never do it. It would take so much pressure off!

      I bet your kids love the gift of beef, I know mine would! That's a very good gift. Coming up with gifts as they get older and more established in their lives is so challenging.

      Have a good day!

      Delete
  2. Hi Debbie,

    Love your cute collection of trees, all huddled together, sparkling and twinkling in your cozy living room! Good luck with the shopping, whether you do the physical leg work or the clicking kind! Enjoy!

    Poppy


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Poppy! Thank you for your kind words! I stayed up and watched "The Notebook,"(one of the all time great movies) last night with just the tree lights on and it was so pretty.

      It's the little things in life, ya know!

      Have a good day, Poppy!

      Delete
  3. the trees look so cute nestled together like that. I don't have room for a large tree and miss that so much! What I ended up doing was having a series of small trees too...on tabletops and such. I don't have them out yet...starting on the smaller decorations first ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Deb! My original thoughts were what you are doing, small trees with memories everywhere, but these are the trees I already had so I just tried to make it work.
      Each one has a theme, but that would be of no interest to anyone but me so I did not do close-ups of them. I love the memories and thoughts Christmas can provoke. It is such a pretty holiday! Good luck with your decorating!

      Delete
  4. What a great idea to group the trees! They look so pretty all bunched together. I'd love to see a close up of that gorgeous angel in front of the largest tree. laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Laurie! I just put a picture of her in my post for today. I have had her for years! (I think about twenty!) Picked her up at a craft fair, she is one of my favorites.

      Thank you for visiting, Laurie! Are you rested from all your cooking?

      Delete