Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The dresser is finished but so is the sun!


November has to be the darkest month of the year. Logically, you would think January, but honestly, the sun has been very lazy this last week. I have been waiting to take photos of my latest paint project but the sun has not cooperated.

It's painted a soft blue which isn't showing at all without the bright light of the sun. I haven't been able to get out to find some glass knobs so I just painted the old ones for now so it's functional.

It wasn't so much a huge transformation for this piece as just making it fit without looking as if it overshadows the tiny living room. I am so happy I have finally found a permanent home for this dresser. I love seeing it there.


I am already working on my next piece, it's already white, I'm just giving it a fresh coat.

I decided to just continue the oak laminate through the living room for now. I can't live with two different surfaces, even for a year. When the carpet was down, it was more of a normal transition, now, it just looks like garbage. I've been paying close attention to the DIY shows featuring laminate floor installations!!!! It can't be that hard.

My son's asthma has been flaring up with the winter weather that has swooped in a bit early by my standards. Shoveling snow yesterday was a wake up call as to how much I love that chore! (not at all)
Good exercise though, at least that's what I kept telling myself.

Thanksgiving is in two days, so hard to believe. I say that every year. And I mean it every year, so what does that say about me??

This is one of those odd years when all of the adult kids are going to their significant others, so they decided we will get together at one of their homes Wednesday night for our holiday dinner. I have been very fortunate to have my children at every Thanksgiving, so I am certainly not complaining about this.


My two little ones are going with their dad on Thursday, but I decided to cook a mini Thanksgiving dinner anyway so we have the leftovers which is the best part of hosting!!! I'll just make everything and refrigerate

Hope everyone enjoys their holiday!!! Eat lots and don't worry about diets!!!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your son's asthma, Debbie, hope he is better. Do you think it is because of the indoor heating and the dust that can shoot out of vents? I know that when I am in Toronto in the winter, my nose is always stuffed and I think this is the reason.

    I can relate about the lack of sun this past week, yes, even here in the Mediterranean! Yesterday was quite sunny after a long week of matte, grey skies.

    Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Poppy! Usually this time of year when that true winter cold comes through it seems to trigger symptoms with him. His lungs just can't seem to handle the real cold of winter.

      I cannot imagine no sun where you are!! How is that even possible??!! Unless rain, of course.

      Have a good day, Poppy!

      Delete
  2. Thanksgiving : to me over the years means..alot of hard work that day and appreciating the leftovers and relaxation the next day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good diet advise, if only for a day! Hoping you have a good Thanksgiving my friend. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your day.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete